Thursday, March 12, 2009

Patchwork Drawstring Bag

I have exciting news. I have booked a booth to sell my bags at MAAD on the first weekend of April. As a result of this April gig, I've been busy sewing up a storm. I have a secret stash of pouches and bags which I've made over the months and these have never been put up on my blog. I'll post them after the MAAD gig.

I'm generally making little purses and bags which I would want for myself. I'm not very commercial! In fact, I love all the stuff I've made so far it hurts to sell them. On the other hand, it would be so cool to have folks in Singapore using my bags! Lately I've also been contemplating selling my stuff online. Unfortunately I've been living in a cave and does not possess a PAYPAL account. This seems to be the passport to online selling. Until I figure it out, it'll go to my To-Do List.

Speaking of To-Do List, I've promised a Front Zippered Pouch Without the Gaps tutorial. I haven't forgotten it. It's just that I haven't been able to sit down and explain it clearly so it's going to take just a little bit longer. Definitely before Apr'09. This tut is going to shift your sewing paradigm. It'll blow your... Um, I distinctly remember some guru from when I was working telling us to always underpromise and over deliver. Ok, I'm the complete opposite. This tut is going to be the mother...



Today's patchwork drawstring bag was made using Pink Penguin's reversible patchwork bag tutorial. Although I'm pretty good at drawstring bags, I'm never tired of learning and besides I'm a big fan of Pink Penguin.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2