Sunday, October 24, 2010

Do You Know How To Wind The Bobbin?

Today I want to share with you how to wind the bobbin to achieve tightly wound thread. If you are a professional sewer or sew regularly, you already know how to do it. This is more for the new sewers. This method is only applicable to bobbins which have tiny holes on them.
Step 1: Insert the thread through the hole on the bobbin by threading from the inside to the outside. My fingers are holding on to the free end of the thread.

Step 2: Hold on to the free end of about 6" of  thread held above the bobbin. Start the spinning of the bobbin for a few turns. Cut the 6" of thread close to the hole on the bobbin. Continue spinning the bobbin until it is full.
This is what you will get. Perfectly wound bobbin thread.

3 comments:

*~kAy~* said...

wow! thanks for this! I was going to get a sewing machine soon and am a beginner! :P which sewing machines would you recommend? :P

jane p said...

I have used Singer which is so-so. Sakura is very hard to thread and instructions are in Japanese! My Brother had all the bells and whistles but it kept breaking down after 3 years. My current machine is a Janome and it sews like a dream!

antmee said...

So THATS what those holes are for!! Will give it a go! Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2