Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No peeing in public please, we're civilised

Dear readers of mine,

What have you been up to lately? This week is a 1-week school break in Singapore. It means I have to get used to the sight of my kids playing some kind of electronic games all day. In my days, I spent my school break reading.

Nothing much has happened in Singapore. The most "exciting" thing that happened? A local actress, Mindee Ong caught 2 drunk and urgent caucasian men urinating in public, one of whom was doing it on the rear wheel of her car! She shouted at the guy defacing her car to stop it (is it possible?). He simply waved his sad bits at her and said something offensive. She called the police and just like in the movies, the police arrived after the 2 men had taken off. So sadly, we will never know the identity of the 2 men who peed in public. More importantly, we will never find out the penalty for urinating in public in Singapore.

This got me thinking. What are the things I can't do in public. I mean, can you urinate in public? I know I can't pee even if I were in a jungle surrounded by trees and darkness. I know I can't pee even if I were in a drain where no one can see me. I know I can't pee even in a public toilet if it stinks, is filthy or the flush doesn't work.

These are the 5 things I can't do in public:
1. Pee
2. Sing
3. Dig my nose
4. Dance
5. Make out

It's a good thing I have no issues with selling my bags in public because I have another craft market coming up this Friday at MAAD.


My 2nd time at MAAD Pyjamas, red dot design museum from 5pm to midnight.


I made a few more cardholders for sale at maad.







Each cardholder comes with plastic sleeves. After making 5 of these, I got really sick of it. What to make next? Come back and find out, won't you? See you in a couple of days.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Are you not ALLOWED to do the 5 things in public, or is it just your own personal thing? I don't think you're allowed to take a leak in public anywhere...people do it here, but it's not legal. But I don't think the penalties are severe.

Little Blue Mouse said...

That 50s style fabric looks so good for the card holders.

Miranda said...

Haha! I love that one with the donkey! I'm not sure why but I do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2