Friday, September 30, 2011

One ring good, two rings better

My dear blog readers,

How are you all? Everyone okay?

I was staring at my pile of fabric remnants and feeling really sick of moving them around because I've run out of space to store them. I realised that I had to either throw them away or give them away. Unfortunately the second option is turning me a little paranoid. I see the look of fear in the people whom I constantly dump my scraps on whenever I approach them. Throwing them away is out of the question because it's like throwing away money. So I did the next best thing. I used them to make a bag.

I used the Ikea remnants first because they take up a lot of space. I had the butterfly fabric, the leaves fabric, the peacock fabric and the grey roses fabric. Although these fabric are in the black, white and grey, I was a little worried that mixing them together might not work. But I think it worked out quite well. Some of the larger remnants were of very odd shape and creating a patchwork wasn't as easy as I imagined.




What do you think? I sewed a few running stitches as I thought the left side looked a little bare.




This is the other view. This was a lot harder to patch as there were curved remnants.

If you're thinking this bag looks familiar, it's really my One-wooden-ring bag but this time I used 2 rings. I'm calling this my Two-ring-better bag. I left the handle adjustable.




This is the side view.




The bag closure is recessed zipper. I used the grey roses for the lining. Bear is pleased with the result. Tell me - do you love it, hate it or don't really care? See you soon.

12 comments:

ByNightCreations said...

me liking it!

Little Blue Mouse said...

I love it!
(I also love Bear)

Angie said...

Love it! I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Gill said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

I love it and think this should be the start of a new 'on purpose' look for this bag and not just because you are looking to use up scraps, absolutely LOVE!

Ali said...

Definitely LOVE it! The running stitches look lovely!
Ali
x

Bethany said...

I love it! It doesn't even look patched together - it looks meant to be!

ozsuzsanna said...

The fabric is great! so the bag!
suzy

Miranda said...

It looks great! You did a great job with the patchwork. I like the new layout and new header. I also wanted to tell you that I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out the details on my blog. Thanks for sharing all of your great creations with us :)
http://www.thecraftbot.blogspot.com/

PegC said...

I'm inspired and I don't sew! Way cool.

Chris H said...

They look great!
You would never know they were 'patched' together.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I love it! I like the running stitch on the outside-nice detail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2