Friday, November 2, 2012

I have sling bags coming out of my butt

I did it. Finally got down to business and got my stock of Get up and go go sling bags to 10. Seriously, I'm not superstitious. I just find the number 10 easier to remember. Fortunately I have 2 unsold from the previous craft market. So I only needed to make 8 more. Sounds easy? Try making 8 of the same thing over and over again and I'm pretty sure you'll shed some tears. (of boredom)


Here are the 10 sling bags. I love seeing them hung together. Especially after the 10th one. Because I got so, so sick and tired of making them. Right. I reached my limit. I've even reached pukey level. Like if anyone were to say to me right now: Jane, could you make me a sling bag in so-and-so fabric? And I'm not saying I'm going to feel this way forever because everything changes. But right now, right this second, right this very moment, I can't make another Get up and go go sling bag. So ask me tomorrow, okay?

I'm not 100% satisfied I have used all the fabric I wanted for these sling bags. I think I would like to make 5 more. But let me take a small break from these sling bags for a couple of weeks?


I used a few old faithfuls fabric. I really like the black line drawing (main pic above). It's so right up my alley. I don't have a lot of this fabric. My girl likes it a lot. It's always that way, isn't it? You like something but you didn't buy a lot of it. I have a feeling if I were to go back to the shop, it'll be sold out.


I made 4 sling bags using Sue Marsh kitty fabric. Already I'm feeling nervous I'm over-investing in these kitty fabric. The colours are a little louder than what I usually go for. I'm just hoping 4 kitty loving girls buy these from me.

I have started creating a catalog of my Christmas stock. It's work in progress so I'll be updating it now and then. Go www.projectsbyjane.com if you want to have a look.

* * *

Oh, I am very ashamed to tell you guys I have quit my Tai Chi. The last time I went, I almost burst into tears. I'll be honest. The Chinese was too hard to understand. After a while, I don't even hear words. Just sounds. The instructors would call out the instructions as they perform the movements and because they wear billowy pants, it's not possible to see what they are doing with the legs. The class got very big and even though microphones were used, my hearing got a little lost as we are in an open area. In the end, I decided it was too hard to continue. I'm very disappointed in myself.

* * *

School holidays has started for my girl. My son has one more week of school. Already my body is in a holiday mode. This morning I overslept and had to take my son to school in a taxi. My sleep pattern has been really bad. I sleep very late around 3am, wake up at 6am (except this morning) and take naps in between. This is terrible. Monday I have to set like 10 alarms. My son has to sit for an important examination.

* * *

I am so looking forward to this weekend. I don't have to wake up at 6am. Yay!

30 out of 74 projects completed.

p.s. get up and go go sling bag pattern available here:
via email Etsy
instant download Craftsy

Find a friend Friday: Sew Many Ways

3 comments:

punkychewster said...

yay to new Christmas stock! jia you!! boo to not continuing with tai chi!! must persevere!! i took a knitting class in shanghai, the old lady teacher spoke in half shanghainese, half mandarin, but i stuck it out. although i didn't retain very much of that knitting knowledge, i made myself a beautiful purple shawl.

must persevere!!!

Little Blue Mouse said...

I had to laugh at the post title.
I've been reading another blog where their dog had eaten some unknown object and was then passing what looked like plastic bunting, with a trail of it hanging from their bum!
I know I said that green rose fabric looked good enough to eat, but I didn't mean it literally!

Kate said...

I like your sling bags.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2