Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Say Hello to my new pattern - Jane's Basic Clutch

It's been a long time since my last pattern. I'm very excited to introduce to you Jane's Basic Clutch PDF sewing pattern.


I started work on Jane's Basic Clutch a long time ago but only managed to push myself to complete it in Feb 2015. My confession: I have many, many WIP patterns in my desktop. Some of them, I'll probably never complete.

Anyway, Jane's Basic Cutch is another pattern I made catering to beginners. I feel for beginners because I still remember when I first started making bags in 2007, I spent so much time trying this and that and no doubt the experimentations helped shape my bag making skills; still I felt it took up a lot of time. And with everyone leading busy lives, time is a limited commodity.


For Jane's Basic Clutch, I chose a simple shape but there's enough challenge in this little clutch for beginners to learn a thing or two.


I have cut the pattern such that sewers can use different fabric for the flap, front and back. For my version, I have made the back the same fabric as the flap. When I showed the clutch to my son, he said, "Oh, the back is a surprise!"


I've kept the inside simple as well - just one patch pocket and this pattern comes in ONE SIZE only.


You can buy this pattern from my Etsy shop.

Maria from Mia's Creation tested this pattern for me. Here's her version. Notice she made the back and front out of the same fabric while the flap is a fabulous bird print. This is a more "conventional" approach. Thanks Maria!


Suzee of Applehead Threads also tested the pattern for me. Here's her version. She followed my version of the clutch and used the same fabric for the flap and the back. She used a hidden magnetic snap if you're wondering about that.

I think both Maria's and Suzee's versions are lovely. Thank you ladies. I hope sewists/sewers wanting to try bag making will like Jane's Basic Clutch.

1 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Congratulations on the new pattern, Jane - those test versions are quite lovely! That red/white animal print lining on the first bag is a hoot :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2