Friday, November 13, 2015

Weigh In Friday - Naan

Hello Friday the 13th!

Another week whizzed by. Today's my daughter's last day of exam. As I type this, her last exam has just started. I'm pretty sure when she's done with her exams, she'll come home and set fire to all her secondary school books. Sadly, my son has 2 more weeks to go before his last exam.

Singapore has entered the wet season. It has been raining almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Where I live, some days, it rains a few times in a day. The rain helps the haze situation. I don't even check the haze index anymore. I think it's usually below 100 nowadays. Hubs bought me a black mask which I never got to wear. Oh well, there's always next year. I'm pretty sure the haze will come back big again.

This week and next week I'm abstaining from oats. It's quite a big operation as I've come to depend on oats. What will I drink? What will I eat? How will I live? It's like quiting booze.

My girl accompanied me to the organics store once and she said she wanted to try hazelnut milk. So that's what I tried drinking instead of oat milk. I say tried drinking because it's horrible. Like yuk, phui, phui phaaat kind of horrible. It's like drinking poison. I am swearing off EcoMil forever. Except I have one more item from this brand - almond milk. I hope it doesn't taste as bad.

I discovered I have a book - The Practical Encyclopedia of Whole Foods in my home library and I remember I bought it decades ago not understanding why I needed it but I bought it anyway. So I went through it and I realise there is a drink I can make myself - barley drink. My mother used to make this a lot when I was young.

I had white carbs this week - naan at Zaffron Kitchen. It came with fries. Double carbs! Man, the naan was so delicious. I think I got away with the carbs. My stomach didn't complain too much.

You know how I love biscuits and would you believe I've run out again. I'm a pig. I went back for more wasa but there wasn't any of the delicate version left so I bought this one instead. It has sesame seeds and tastes quite alright. I mean it's no butter cookie. But it's like rock. I fear my teeth will fall out one of these days.

I was never attracted to buckwheat biscuits but I felt so desperate for something to snack on that I gave toasted buckwheat a try. It tastes alright if you put nutella on it.

My weight this morning? 56.4kg. I haven't exercised at all for 3 weeks already. It's baaad. But I still walk. That counts, right?

13th Nov 2015 - 56.4kg
6th Nov 2015 - 56kg
21st July 2015 - 63kg

By the way, this is going to shock you guys. I am already working on my next bag pattern. I made 3 prototypes and I'm very pleased with the result. What about the one I had been working on? I'll publish it next week, probably Tuesday. I can't believe it myself. I'm so productive. Next week I hope to take photos and write up the instructions for the next pattern. I'm going to have to be up early to take the photos because it usually rains in the afternoon. See ya.

1 comments:

Chris H said...

So why are you giving up oats? And I look forward to seeing your new bag pattern.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2