Thursday, August 23, 2018

Bling Bling Beaded Crochet Rope Bracelet

When I'm not lazing around, most of my time is spent on my bag patterns. It can get very tedious and boring so to keep myself from rotting, whenever I take a break, I work on a non-sewing craft. Recently I went through my beads collection and found 3 tubes of beads which I thought went together really well. So I made a beaded crochet rope bracelet.

This is the most tedious part of bead crochet. You have to string the beads in the order you want to use them. Mine is a colour 1, colour2, colour 3 repeat. It's a simple spiral requiring no thinking. The beads are Toho size 6 (the smaller the number, the bigger the beads) so they're pretty big in beads world. I bought these beads years ago when I thought I couldn't go without bead weaving a single day but aging (bad eyes) put a halt to my grand plans.

The first half inch of a beaded crochet rope is the hardest. I use a knitting needle as a support. Once you get at least an inch worth, you can work without the knitting needle. If you're wondering what happens if you had strung the beads in the wrong order? Well, that's when you take out your pliers and you crack the rogue bead apart.

If you're interested in beaded crochet rope, you can check out this or this video. Or not. There are tons of videos on youtube on this subject.


The last photo is the truest representation of my skin colour now. Thanks to the blazing hot sun and swimming in the blazing hot sun, I've become quite tanned. (the wrinkles have always been there)

What do you think of the bracelet? Shall I wear it to the Oscars?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Red carpet ready, for sure!
BTW, Size 6 beads work with fingering weight yarn in knitting.

Jane McLellan said...

Perfect for the oscars. I like making beaded crochet ropes.

Projects By Jane said...

Hi Jane, I'm thinking of starting another one - this time with a bit of design.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2