Friday, September 14, 2012

Will and Kate's Singapore Adventure

Prince William and his wife Kate were in Singapore from Tuesday to Thursday. This is their adventure in Singapore.

First the orchids.

via

This lovely white orchid is Princess Diana's.

via

This multi-coloured one is named after Prince William and his wife Catherine.
I like Diana's more.

 If I ever have a flower named after me, I want it to be a hibiscus. It grows singly and has a bright cheerful orange-red colour. I'm a bit of a loner and my face turns red easily. Ha!

Prince William finds out that the people in Singapore are generally shorter than him. Well, he is almost a giant.

via

He did what any sensible tall prince would do.
He bent.
A lot.

via
via

via
Kate had to bend too.
via

via

During the couple's visit to the Kranji War Memorial, someone finally had the decency to hand Kate an umbrella. But it looked like a toy umbrella. I've never seen anyone use such umbrellas before. In fact, it looks a little like the kind used in Chinese funerals.

via
They had chicken rice too. 
Have I mentioned how crazy Singaporeans are over chicken rice?
But they did not eat the kind sold at regular food courts that locals eat at. I think they had the rich men's version.

via
It was a nice visit. Next time they come, I hope they bring Harry.

1 comments:

Linda said...

They do look really tall beside the older couple there. It must be awkward to be so tall. My brother-in-law and nephew are 6'4" and 6'5". I've seen them have to duck under ceiling fans and some short doorways (most doorways are 7'or taller). The trucks and cars they buy have to fit their long legs.
I also had an uncle who was 6'7"!
I am only 5'2". I got my genes from elsewhere, I guess!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2