Sunday, December 2, 2012

Here comes the zippies

It's been a long week for me. Once I hit 1,000 project, I felt like stopping work totally. Sewing bags is a lonely journey. Very much like running. First you start out strong. At the half-way mark, you start to feel the strain but you keep pushing because you know you can do it. 3/4 through, you ask yourself why you punish yourself joining the run. The torture is so great you want to quit. The last leg of the race, you find a sudden surge in energy and you push yourself to finish the race.

I'm now at the 3/4 mark.

This was a bitter sweet week for me. Bitter because I found sewing so difficult. I was like a child refusing to do my homework. I kept seeing darkness everywhere I turned. Yet I had to keep going deeper into the tunnel because that's the only way out. Sweet because I've sold a few of my Christmas stock so that took some pressure off me. I've managed to sell enough to pay for rent at my 9-days VivoCity craft market. Which in turn turned bitter for me because all the money I've made so far won't go to me. Not one cent. You see what I mean? But that's how the biz is. Hopefully I won't be disappointed with my sale at VivoCity.

So, I'm not going to spend this whole post complaining to you. After all I'm a big girl and I went into this biz with my eyes open.

DARKNESS


OUT OF THE DARKNESS

I made some zippy wristlets. I really dreaded making these because I've made so many in the past and it's like eating too much cake.

C-A-K-E.


Yay. Glad I did it. Now it's over. Don't my wristlets look relieved?


I made 6 mamas wristlets. If these sell really well, I'm never making the regular size again. Hahahaha.


Here are the glorious 16. Go to www.projectsbyjane.com if you want to take a closer look. I mostly used old favourite fabric. Oh, most of my old favourite fabric are running out. You know what that means? I get to buy new favourite fabric next year!

This is all I made this whole week. Quite disappointed. I think I have 1 more week of sewing before I'll stop and take care of the nitty gritties.


Oh, remember my 1,000th project - the quilted bag above? I've sold it. (thank you J) I know a few of you think I should keep it (my girl included). But you know what? Before I made the bag, I did ask myself if I would sell it and I thought about it and decided I would. It's not that I'm not sentimental about reaching the 1,000th project milestone. I am. But I thought wouldn't it be great if I manage to sell it? And I had a buyer! I was so freaking thrilled. So don't cry for me. I will go on to make many more bags. The 1,000th bag was not the end of a journey for me. It's the beginning of a new journey which I have yet to start on.

Oh, please come back on Monday. I have a surprise for you.

I'm attending this partay: Sew Many Ways

1 comments:

Gingini said...

Haha! Your wristlets look very happy to me. But your special bag looks happy too. Well that ends well. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2