Sunday, May 26, 2019

Treasure Pouch

I was poking around in the storeroom the other day when I found this: an almost completed embroidered pouch with the embroidery, exterior and casing done. All that was missing was a lining. I was very excited with my find because this was definitely done in 2012 which is 7 freaking years ago! Clearly this was something I sewed for my Treasure Pouch pattern. Usually when I write a bag pattern, I make a few samples for photography. And I usually keep them forever because they're my babies! Unfortunately for a few bag patterns including the Treasure pouch, I either gave away or sold some of them. So finding this forgotten UFO made my day. I examined the UFO carefully to figure out why it was abandoned. It looked perfectly fine. It even smelled nice. Yes, I sniffed it. The only thing that may have bothered 2012 Jane is a crease on the linen cotton fabric. I tried to steam it out but it's a stubborn one.

Now the fun part - completing the pouch. I went through my stash to find something that could match the exterior of the pouch. The fabric for the casing I had unfortunately used up recently. Finally I decided to go with something greenish yellow - a clover print by Patty Young.


What do you think? I think it's perfecto. I felt all these really nice feels while matching the fabric. It's something I haven't felt in a long while.

I love the Clover fabric so much I made the cords as well. I dug out my Clover bias binding tool and you know, did the thingy with the iron to get the bias binding. I can't tell you how much I dislike doing this. I burnt my fingers of course. But look how nice the cords look.

I'm getting waaaay too much pleasure from finishing this UFO.


For old times' sake, I dug out the only remaining Treasure Pouch I have and did a photoshoot.

reunited and it feels so good...

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, great match. Good to finish a ufo.

Projects By Jane said...

Hi Jane, I found a few more UFOs. Should stop visiting the store room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2