Friday, April 29, 2016

Weigh In Friday - Every Step You Take

It's confirmed. I'm unfriending April on Facebook. If I thought March was hot, I was so wrong. April was worse. The humidity got really bad. The temperature remained high. Once I thought I had heatstroke after a run. My body took a long time to cool down. It's now the end of April and the weather has changed slightly. It's still hot and muggy but looks like there's going to be lots more rain. Or threats of rain.

Despite the heat and high temperature, I was able to stay on track with my Goal for April. I'm so proud of myself! I have my fitbit to thank. I used it to track the number of steps I take everyday. Most days I could hit 10,000 steps. On days when I run, hitting 10,000 steps was not a problem. It's those non-running days which get me into trouble. My running was good. The timing didn't improve but I could run 3 times a week. I decided to cut down to 2 times a week because I thought 3 times may be too much. Occasionally I gave myself a day off to recover from any exercise if I felt too tired. It may seem silly to other people to count the number of steps you take every day but it's a really effective way to get me to move about.

I posted my stepcount on Instagram daily. Not that I think people actually care but I wanted it for reference.


Oh, one time on my run by the canal, I saw this big-ass monitor lizard. It was the size of a small crocodile! It had crawled out of a drain and was slowly making its way to the water.

Despite my stellar performance in fitness, I did not lose weight. In fact, I have to confess I gained weight. At one point, my weight went up to 60kg!!! I had gotten into the habit of drinking 100 plus edge after a run and that might have been a factor. Plus, the more I walked and run, the more sweet juice I drink. I got a bit afraid and forced myself to cut back on sweet drinks.

So, occasionally I had oatmeal with apples especially after indulging in unhealthy food.

 Unhealthy food such as these Korean fried chicken.

I have discovered I love Korean seafood pancakes. Are they unhealthy? Because I so want to eat them again. I looked up youtube and I think I might just be able to make them myself!

Speaking of my weight, it's now 58.8kg. I'm so relieved. All I need now is to be more disciplined in my food choice and I should be able to keep it under 58kg.

Next week I have to go and see my gastritis doctor again. I haven't totally recovered yet and in April, the headaches came back big time. It's really obvious this time. Most of my headaches are stress related. When I have anxiety or stress over something, I get a upset stomach, the muscles in my neck and shoulder area acts up and the headaches come. On the bright side, I have been able to eat a more normal diet - noodles and bread. I still try not to over-indulge. Although the headaches coming back is a setback, I want to see it in a positive light because it means I'm understanding my condition better.

This week I also managed to find the motivation to start working hard on my patterns again. It's a good sign because I can only work on my patterns when I feel good. I have a run on Sunday. See you then!

1 comments:

Linda said...

despite your comment about April not being a good month, it looks like you are doing well! Youre eating healthier and exercising more, so you should be proud of yourself! I have been trying to do the same. My husband and I were taking 3 1/2 Mike walks (at a very brisk pace) 3 times a week until he injured his calf muscle. Now the work renovating the house and the long walk down to the mailbox followed by a steep hike back up is most of my exercise! I've managed to lose about 15 pounds so far.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2