Monday, September 8, 2014

Around the world blog hop

Hi guys,

Today's post is a little different as I'm doing a 'Around the world blog hop'. I was tagged by Bethany of Sweet Bee Buzzings.

So what's this blog hop about? It's sort of like a chain letter. Except nobody gets hurt. Don't like that analogy? How about thinking of blogging in terms of dating? A blog hop is like a match making thingy. Bethany in her own around the world blog hop post will link to my blog and urge her readers to check me out. In my post I have also linked to Bethany and I urge you guys to ogle her blog.

In addition, please go ogle Jane of Always with Yoo and Nueyer of AngelHearts Crafts. (these are the people I tagged)

There are a few questions I have to answer in this 'Around the world blog hop' post so here goes:

1) What am I working on?

I'm putting the finishing touches to my bag pattern. I started work on it LAST YEAR and I'm CONFIDENT I'll publish it this year. Soon I will beg people to test it for me.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?
Hmm... this question is extremely difficult to answer and the only way I can answer it is to drink a lot of alcohol. Unfortunately, I do not drink...

3) Why do I write/create what I do?
Up till May this year, nearly everything I made was for sale, for money. Then one day I looked around me and felt very sad that I hardly kept anything for myself. So I decided to take a break and stop making things for sale. I was starting to feel like a factory worker.

My blog is very precious to me. It is my diary of events that took place in my life. I often refer to it when I want to remember something. I am my biggest fan. Hehe.

Lately I have not been around my blog much as well. Using the dating analogy, you could say, I'm the guy who said he'll call but the girl keeps waiting for his call.

4) How does my writing/creating process work?
When it comes to making my bags, I have a simple approach. What will go into the bag - that decides the size and influences the shape. How will it be carried - that decides the handles. What occasion will it be used - that decides the design.

For my writing, I just write what comes into my head. I use the photos as a guide as I usually write around the photos.

Tata for now.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hi Jane....nice to learn more about you....I'm on the 29 th.....I think...lol

Nueyer said...

Thanks for the linkup, Jane!!

Norma's Bag Boutique said...

Nice post. Learned a bit about you. I love the answer to question two. I don't drink alcohol either but agree that's a tough one.

Jane said...

thanks for tagging me jane! can't wait to keep the tag going next week! :)

Linda said...

I could have answered the questions almost the same as you did, except that I do not work on purses very often. We create because being creative is such an integral part of us. You are much more meticulous with your work, though, and it shows! You make such beautiful bags!

Nueyer said...

Thanks for the tag! Here's my hop

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2