Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Knitted Shawl For Lammily

The weathermen's forecast for the first 2 weeks of December is well, more rain. Thundery showers with daily temperature between 24 deg C and 32 deg C. And get this, temperature could reach a low of 22 deg C.

Did you hear that? 22 deg C. OMG, we're gonna freeze to death. I've prepared for the cold spell - digging out a few long pants and one thin cardigan. What else? Oh yes, we won't use the air-conditioner either.

I couldn't neglect my dolls. Most of my dolls are in boxes so they're fine. But Lammily, my most played with doll is always on my computer table. I decided to knit a shawl for her.

I used a Daison $2 lace yarn knitted on a circular needle that is so fine I can't even read the size. Knitting with such thin needles cramps my hands. Halfway through, I really regretted starting the project. I almost abandoned the shawl.

 It is a simple pattern. Just knit, knit, knit. Sometimes, yarn over. Sometimes k2tog.

The right side looks larger than the left side. I started with the right side. Please don't ask me to rip out and redo the left side.

I had some struggles with the first stitch (slip purl wise) when a k2tog comes after it. Maybe I should give the stitches a tug after knitting?

I found Lammily's knitted hat from September. Do you think Lammily is ready for December's 22 deg C?

2nd UFO completed. Hmm.... I don't know why but I don't really get any satisfaction completing this project?

1 comments:

Kate said...

I am sure Lammily will be fine. Good job on your shawl. She looks very elegant in her "cold weather" outfit.
Enjoy your cool days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2