Thursday, November 4, 2010

Houses Bag And 2 Rejects

Last week I was feeling very tired and achy most likely triggered by the weather change. This week I was quite determined to be more productive and I did the most unlikely thing.

But before that, I had been eating rather sweet food for breakfast and would usually end up with a sugar crash. And that would mean I ended up napping for a good half hour wherever I happened to be, usually in front of my monitor. I don't look good waking up from a sugar crash induced nap. Guilty, horribly achy, numb because I'm not in a sleeping position plus I'm covered in drool.

So this week, I wanted to stop eating sweet food for breakfast and I ate peanut butter with bananas on multi-grain bread!! My friend, Vivian introduced this mind-boggling concoction to me years ago and I had tried it then but never quite stuck to it. I'm a typical Chinese in the sense that I don't eat fruits for breakfast. And seriously, the idea of peanut butter with bananas is quite gross. But I wanted to get energized so I could do some serious sewing instead of just lethargying around all day. And it worked! Tastes pretty good too plus bananas give it a little sweetness so I'm not like deprived.

So I felt pretty good for the past 3 days and I made this.
 Yes, another BIG sports bag inspired bag. The canvas cotton fabric is ricco-ricco.

I used piping again. My sewing machine seriously groaned when I sewed all the layers together. And I busted 1 needle.
I like this angle of the bag. When my girl saw the bag, she said, "Diaper bag!" Gosh, I hope no one else thinks it's a diaper bag because it's a sports bag inspired bag!

I had so much energy I made 2 more items but sadly they didn't make the cut.
This curvy zip pouch I made with my current favourite Patty Young's clover print fabric is a little too small. Plus the pleats make it a little too bulky at the seams for my liking. So I'm gifting it to MYSELF. It's cute, isn't it?  Next week or so, I shall attempt another larger version and take care of the bulk.
When I made this recessed zip clutch, I was trying to make a mini-version of another pleated bag I had made in March 2010.
Remember this pleated shoulder bag?

Somehow when it's small, it doesn't quite work. If I were to attempt another one, believe it or not, I'm actually going to ADD PLEATS in the bottom. My girl likes this zip clutch a lot so I'm gifting it to her.

Hmmm...if I have more peanut butter and bananas I may make 1 more bag this week. See you soon.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I love peanut butter and bananas together. Believe it or not, when I was a kid, I would eat peanut butter, banana and brown sugar sandwiches... yikes, talk about a sugar rush! Love the sports bag... and I think it definitely looks like a sports bag.

Debbie said...

Hi, I really like the bags, even the ones that didn't make it! I think we all end up gifting those to ourselves don't we?
And...I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches!!
Glad I found your blog - it's good!

Anonymous said...

Good to know I am not the only one that attempts things and they don't make the cut! and I gift them to me! :)

Serene said...

The sports bag is amazing! And so is the pleated shoulder bag! Argh, need to resist temptation!

Great job! :)

ByNightCreations said...

Peanut Butter seem to be a perfect energizer ;-) The 3 bags are impressing again. I am always amazed to see nothing scares you to try

Chris H said...

I love peanut butter and cheese on toast!
That sports bag is gorgeous. I've broken many needles lately... piping causes that!

antmee said...

I didn't think diaper bag when I saw your house bag. I thought "gorgeous! I love it!!".

I use to snack on peanut butter dipped celery sticks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2