Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Ketchup No. 1

Thank goodness it's Friday! And because it's a public holiday, we all got to sleep in. Okay, I mean me.

What a week it's been. Flowers, celebrating 18 years with the man and being attacked by a wasp-hornet. And today, I finally decided Candy Crush is eating too much of my precious time. So I deleted the app from my facebook even though I had reached level 125. It's almost April and I have yet to start making stuff for my craft market in early May. Yes, I'm starting to worry.

Right after deleting Candy Crush, I sat down and made ONE bag for my craft market.


It's a simple lunchtime bag. No pockets, no zipper, no magnetic snaps. Just an easy throw your wallet in the bag and go kind of bag.


I didn't want to just sew 2 pieces of fabric together so I paper pieced a tree. I wanted to make a rain tree which is a common tree in Singapore but I found it too troublesome to piece the curved shape. Anyway, it captures the essence of a rain tree - broad and stout with a big top. A rain tree is shaped more like an umbrella.


It was raining (again) when I took the photos of my bag so I had to use Auto mode which really changes the colour of the fabric. The 2nd photo was taken with my iPhone. I think the 3rd photo shows the truest colour of the fabric. Do you like the polka dots? It's a Lecien, by the way.

* * *

I looked through my leftover stock from Christmas (man, that was a long time ago) and I have a total of 1 big bag and a few small ones. So no kidding. I'm really getting nervous about my next craft market. I've yet to get the official schedule but I know I'm on because I already paid for it. I feel like I've been on a 3 month vacation just lazing around. What was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn't thinking.... (as hubs would say) I fear I will have to sew every day from now on.

* * *

Know what's the difference between a man and a woman? When a woman sees dirty dishes in the sink, she washes them. When a man has to wash dirty dishes, he goes out and buys a machine that will do the job for him.



Look what hubs bought me this week. A dish washing machine. In Singapore most people wash dishes with our hands. It's not common to see a dish washing machine in our homes. Recently, I had another bout of peeling skin on my hands and I nagged everyone to wash their own dishes. Hubs is really terrible at washing dishes. I would have to clean them one more time because you could still see bits of food on his "clean plates". I mean, how hard is it to clean the dishes? Apparently very hard for one man.

We have yet to use the machine because the dealer has to send someone to come demo the machine to us. Can you imagine how hard it is to use the machine if I need to see a demo first? I fear my life is going to change drastically from now on. I hope it's for the better.

* * *

Has anyone used the touch screen kind of computers? We bought one recently and I think I'm becoming one of those old people who don't like changes. What's interesting about this kind of computers is everything is inside the monitor. What a space saver. I really like this aspect the most. But the actual computer? I'm afraid to use it! Luckily this computer is meant for my kids and they're touch screen kind of people. It also uses Windows 8. My current computer uses Windows 7. I really hope my computer doesn't die because I'm so used to the feel of it. Some things shouldn't change.

1 comments:

Little Blue Mouse said...

I don't play Candy Crush but I know how computer games can get you hooked and eat up your time. Well done for deleting the app - you'll have your stock built up in no time!
Love the polka dots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2