Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Crescent Bag Pattern

November rain has come and when it's not raining, it's cloudy. Taking photos has been a challenge. A few days ago, the sun was shining brightly and I seized the chance to go downstairs to take some pics for my new bag pattern because I knew the sun wouldn't last long. I grabbed a stool, a large white board, a big shopping bag to store my stuff and the two bags I wanted to photograph. Of course I had the very heavy DSLR slung around my neck.

I was squatting downstairs arranging my bags when I noticed some thread which needed to be cut off. Oh dear. I was alone and my teeth didn't have the ability to gnaw through the thread. What to do? I didn't want to pack up my stuff and struggle upstairs, grab a pair of scissors and come back down. Finally I decided to leave everything where it was, took my phone and DSLR and took the lift up to my flat. I ran in and thankfully I knew exactly where my embroidery scissors was, grabbed it and made my way down. Of course waiting for the lift was nerve wrecking. In this age of terrorism, you never know, someone might chance upon my bags and think of the worst case scenario (like how we've been constantly groomed to think) and call the police. Actually what I feared more was the unfortunate passer-by may open my bags and guess what this goondu Jane has put in the two bags? All my panties.

Yep. Every pair of panties I've ever owned for the past 2 decades except for the ones in the laundry and on me - all stuffed in the 2 bags. Usually I photograph my bags empty but it's November and the wind can get gusty. I didn't want to chase my bags around the void deck so I thought it was a good idea to stuff the bags, to weigh them down. Only, I was too lazy to search for my bubble wrap or stuffing from shoe boxes. So I grabbed the next best thing (in my mind) - all my panties. I needed each item to be small so I could move them to fill up the gaps. So clever, right?

So while I was waiting for the lift to come, all I could think of was how to explain myself to the imagined police who had examined the contents of the bags.

.........

Nothing happened. No one came by. My bags filled to the brim with panties remained unopened.
I did get bitten by a bunch of mosquitoes.

Oh, on another day, I managed to catch my daughter on her day off school and it so happened to be sunny for an hour. The poor thing got bitten by mosquitoes so I only took a few pics.

Anyway, The Crescent Bag Pattern is now available in my Etsy shop and you can also buy it off my blog. (see bottom)

I've put some details of the pattern in my listing so do me a favour and click on the links if you want more info.

This bag is not easy to make so don't say I didn't warn you. I've included 2 strap widths - 1.25" and 1.5". The 1.25" is much easier to sew on so stick with that if you don't want your blood to boil.

This bag was a craft market favourite back in the days. I hope you manage to learn to make it.




No raw edges of course!





1 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm sitting here cracking up because the panties situation is exactly something I would do....except someone would find mine.
I'm excited for this bag!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2