Friday, November 30, 2018

What November Made


Usually at the end of each month, I would wonder where the month went. And of course I would moan about how I had squandered my time. November was so different. It went exactly as planned. Yes, planned. I didn't live each day aimlessly.

1. Published one bag pattern.

2. Finished one mini lace shawl.

3. Ran one Etsy bag pattern sale. Thanks to everyone who bought from me!!! <kisses>

4. Started work on a little something for Lammily.

5. Started a small blanket for my daughter but I may have to rethink it as I don't think I have sufficient yarn and the needle is too short. And believe me I don't want to buy another size NINE mm needle.

6. Started work on a few sewing projects including 2 top and a few applique-ish stuff. Finding lots of inspiration in abandoned patchwork found in my storeroom!

7. Completed the technical parts of my next bag pattern. Have chosen the fabric and everything, just waiting to do photography on a nice bright day.

8. Ran 5km FOUR times. Would have been 5 times but the 5th time there was a thunderstorm.

9. Swam FOUR times.

10. Exercised every Tuesday night with my neighbours.

I don't know why I am so full of energy. And I have so many ideas for sewing projects that I fear I may end up with more and more UFOs. So I am dedicating December to finishing stuff. Any WIP I see lying around my home? I'm going to finish it. So expect lots of blog posts next month. The knitted stuff might have to be carried forward to 2019 because I can't knit more than 2 hours a day. Sometimes I ask myself why I craft so much? Is it to make up for something lacking in my real life? Well, who has time to dwell on such issues? I have so many WIPs to juggle. So see you in December.

And what did you do in November?

4 comments:

Ely said...

It was just Thanksgiving here so did a lot of cooking for that.

I am slogging through two knitting projects- one cabled and the other just garter so that I don’t lose my mind- but at the rate I am going, those won’t be completed for awhile.

So I have turned to sewing because I want something to be done. Well the idea of sewing because I haven’t finished anything yet! Haha. I have a dress cut out. Got your crescent bag pattern and have supplies for that. And between the two of them I think your bag might get done first because it’s smaller and I don’t have to move the machine.

Random question: did you teach yourself how to create and set up your patterns? In Word/Google? I really admire the to scale pattern and all of the illustrative detail you include.

Projects By Jane said...

Hi Ely, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Hubs and I were talking about Thanksgiving and we think it's "sort of" equivalent to our Chinese New Year's Renunion dinner held on the eve.

Your question... yes, I learnt from books and videos to use the software. When I first started using the software, I borrowed lots of books from the library. When I became familiar with it, I use youtube if I need to look up something specific. I currently use Adobe Indesign and Illustrator. Indesign is the software that does the publishing - writes the instructions and the photos. Illustrator only does the templates. Of course I also use Photoshop. I integrate all 3 - indesign, illustrator and photoshop together. Not a bad software but the learning curve is steep. I really struggled in the beginning. Of course there are no books that teach you how to draw a bag pattern. You just get familiar with the tools and you figure it out. It's mostly straight lines and a few curves.
When I first started in 2010, I used a different software which was very very hard to use but much cheaper. In 2013, I got fed up and bought Adobe. Back then it was very expensive. Now you need to pay a monthly subscription to use the software.

Would you believe I don't own Word or Office?

Jane McLellan said...

You were busy!

Projects By Jane said...

Hi Jane McLellan, December is going to be much busier. I've brought out all the WIP I want to complete and every day I wake up with so much energy. Is it due to all the oatmeal I've been eating? I want to ride this adrenaline rush as far as I can go and then crash end Dec.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2