So as I was saying, I had bad hair and my 2 friends showed up to party. It took me by surprise.
Me, Jon and WengLet me explain a little about this photo.
1. My head looks the largest because I was standing closest to the camera.
2. I did not want to stand next to Weng because he looks so pretty.
3. My hair looks like it exploded as I had explained earlier.
4. My smile is not so natural because I just remembered I forgot to put on make-up.
5. Weng is a straight guy married with a few kids with a nasty habit of stroking his chest so I don't want any emails asking for my match making services.
6. Jon is a straight single guy who lives alone in a huge apartment and a nasty habit of saying "what? what?".
So guys, you need to come back soon so we can redo the photo shoot. Btw, it was fun. Weng bought 1 of my bags! Jon bought nothing again and he's been here a zillion times. What kind of friend... But he ordered 50 iphone pouches from me. Okay, just kidding. You can stop texting me now Jon. He only ordered 3. He ordered it in Jan and I did not make any because I kept wondering why he would need 3 iphone pouches until he told me on Sat it was to give away. Alamak! Should've told me this sooner. I'm so goondu (read as goon-doo meaning: stupid) sometimes.
This was Weng's first visit to red dot design museum. He had this awestruck look on his face like a toddler's first taste of soy sauce. Weng, just to let you know it's free admission to the museum only on the days MAAD is held.
Sales was less than enthusiastic. I sold 6 bags including the one sold to Weng. I don't know why the usual handmade buyers failed to show up. Maybe they went hunting for Red outfits for Chinese New Year which is happening this weekend. I hope they'll come back next month because I already paid rental for up to July 2010! I wonder if MAAD will give a rebate for poor crowd.....
My dear friend, SweetiePie also came to pick up something and she gave me cookies she'd baked herself.
Look like meatballs but taste like heavenI had no idea she could bake so swell! I only shared 1 with a fellow seller and I'm glad she only took 1. Hee hee.
My husband and I are too casual toward Chinese New Year (CNY).
We don't do the following "rituals" prior to CNY:
1. Spring clean
2. Decorate our home with CNY ornaments or "lucky" plants
3. Buy CNY food like traditional cookies, tarts.
4. Stock our fridge with food for guests.
5. Have guests over for CNY because we did not do 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Wendy also came by. She looks so glam. And skinny. And glam. And skinny. I knew Wendy when we were "neighbours" selling at MAAD. She sells handmade jewelry/accessories. Check her out at Pyxis. BeadzExotic.
All togged out in Red. I think the bag looks good on her! Ahem.
I was thinking to myself, how to make myself look thinner? Also, note to self: apply make-up before leaving home.
Part deux of this post coming next.