Thursday, September 16, 2010

Linen Cotton on Roses

I think linen cotton looks good on roses.
Yesterday I made a recessed zipper shoulder bag with this very lovely linen cotton with roses print. What made the print really work for me is the green leaves. I don't think you can see from the pic. The sun was really bright this morning. I just couldn't get a truer image.

I actually had someone in mind when I made this bag but I'm not sure if she'll like it. Somehow when I think of her, I see roses. Anyway, we'll see.......
This is the back. Polka dots, horizontal stripes and checks and roses all in one print is my dream print.
The recessed zipper bit.
I sneaked in colours for the inside pockets! This one's a patch pocket. The lining is beige twill.
And for the zip pocket, I lined it with the same brown flower-flower print.
And this last image is just for sizing.

Lastly, I'll be selling my bags and pouches and hair elastics this weekend. Details below.

Open Doors Weekend Market
Orchard Central (next to 313@Somerset)
Saturday and Sunday, 18th & 19th Sep
11am-8pm daily

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE that bag, beautiful fabric Jane. The pockets really set it off too. Good luck for the market. :-)

Solstitches said...

I'm with Jenny as I LOVE that bag too.
Linen and roses - what a yummy combination.
Lucky the friend who gets this bag.
Margaret

Pootle said...

Thats lovely. The colours are gorgeous! x

Unknown said...

Just stumbled across your blog and i love your bags. That linen and roses one particularly. I'll be looking in again.

Micki said...

I love your romantic bag...It is so pretty!
Micki

Dee said...

Oh jane what a heavenly bag. And i love the pockets and the bright tough inside the pocket - how excellent is that?!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2