Sunday, August 28, 2011

And the winner is...

Hi all,

I saw on TV the might of Hurricane Irene and I hope everyone in the affected areas is safe. I feel lucky to live in Singapore. All we get are heat and humidity and that's nothing really.

Singapore's Presidential Election is over. The 4-horse race turned out to be a 2-horse race. 1 candidate lost his $48k deposit as he only received 4% of the votes. Poor guy. I won $100 betting on him losing his deposit. Yes, it's awful making money off somebody else's loss. But the poor chap didn't stand a chance. He had a poor image (loose canon) and even worse enunciation. Why didn't his supporters tell him?


In the end, the race was between 2 former ruling party members - one a heavy weight former cabinet member while the other was a member of parliament. So you could say, Singaporeans generally voted in a conservative manner. Based on the voting pattern in the recent 2 elections, it's clear to me Singaporeans prefer not to rock the boat.


These 2 Tans ran neck and neck till the final count. The winner, Tony Tan won by 7,269 votes which is a margin of only 0.3%. But no matter how narrow the margin is, the election is over and life as we know it will carry on.

Now for something I'm more familiar with - sewing. Another Houses something-something.


Originally, I wanted to make another card holder cover. When I made the previous card holder, I had scribbled down the cutting measurements on a scrap paper. Unfortunately, my handwriting was messy and I misread the numbers. So it turned out to be too small for a card holder.


I decided it would look good as a needlebook.


And as a "bonus" this needlebook comes with 2 side pockets. I've been working on a few curvy sexy zip bags. Come back and check them out in my next post. See ya.

2 comments:

Little Blue Mouse said...

Yeh, I had my money on a Tan winning!
;)

Bethany said...

Hahaha - you bet that he would lose miserably. Love it!
We're very wet here in Philadelphia today, but none the worse for wear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2