Tuesday, April 22, 2014
I was so pleased with my Line Drawing Shoulder Bag that I went ahead and made another one. This time I made it slightly larger and to make my life a little harder, I patchworked the whole thing. The piecing was the tedious part - everything else was easy.
I used 3 layers of fabric - the patchwork on the outside, an interlining which is really another piece of fabric and the lining. So once more, no interfacing. I was a little worried the bag would turn out to be heavy. But it turned out alright.
I used up a lot of scraps in this bag. It's an ongoing mission to get rid of as many scraps as I can.
This bag has so many different fabric each one a leftover of some bag I had made and sold to customers at Vivocity at one time or another. You could say this bag is the mother of many of my bags.