Friday, October 1, 2010

2 Petite MoMos

Today is Friday. It's strictly no-sewing day for me as I need to pack my bags for MAAD tomorrow. Yesterday I managed to make 2 more bags. I call them petite MoMos.
The basic shape of the bags is a rectangle with boxed corners. It's the closure that makes the bag. Yes, I sucummed to drawstring casing again. The main fabric on both petite bags are Odyssea by Japanese textile designer MoMo.

Even tho' the main fabric is cotton twill, it is very lightweight and I'm thinking the next time I use these fabric, I will use batting.
I thought the striped casing went really well with the main fabric!
It was harder finding a casing for this colourway. I finally went with a blue-grey.
4 different fabric was used for the first MoMo.
- Odyssea cotton twill for the main fabric
- Striped cotton for the casing
- Green and white gingham for the lining
- Red upholstery cotton for the handles
4 different fabric was used for the second MoMo.
- Odyssea cotton twill for the main fabric
- Blue-grey cotton for the casing
- Michael Miller's Ocean cotton for the lining
- Red upholstery cotton for the handles

Yep, I so spoil my bags! These are my last 2 bags for this week. I'm looking forward to going to MAAD tomorrow. Hope it doesn't rain because I'm taking the train.

Once again, here are the details:
2nd & 3rd October 2010
MAAD
red dot Traffic
28 Maxwell Road
Singapore 069120
11am to 7pm both days

See you next week and have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Mad About Pink said...

hello, I'm your new happy follower... I'm so glad I've found another person crazy for bags and projects. I'd like to have you as a guest in my blog on a very pinky project!
Btw Momos bags are fantastic...I'm so jealous.
Have a good trip

Micki said...

Really pretty bags Jane...Anyone would love them!
Micki

antmee said...

Great bags! I can see these guys selling like hot cakes!

*Tea said...

Hello Jane!
i have a similar patterned bag at home. they are fantastic. they don´t look huge, but are actually bags full of wonders, so much fit´s into it. hehe
your MoMos look so cute and have lovely patterns.

Solstitches said...

I love the style of this bag and you chose some great fabrics for them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2