Monday, August 24, 2009

Dental Blues And Alien Eggs

Last week I ate something hard and sharp and it cut my gums near my molar. I told myself it would heal itself. of course it didn't. When it started to hurt, I made an appointment with the dentist. My regular dentist was only available tomorrow and I decided one more day couldn't hurt even though there was an earlier slot available with another dentist, I declined. I passed on the other dentist because she makes you feel more pain than is necessary. And she nags. And scolds. And I can't stand her. But right now, I'm starting to regret my decision. I was so wrong. One more day does hurt.

So I've been on a soft diet for the past few days. Porridge every day is making me really hungry.


I couldn't sew anything new. This bag I finished before the pain started. It's a nice fat bottomed bag and really roomy. The outer fabric is really beautiful. Doesn't the print remind you of the scene in Aliens when Sigourney Weaver sees thousands of alien eggs? No! It's really Sashiko like geometric figures.


Can you see the gold streaks on the print? I took this photo as the sun was setting.


Would you believe this is the first time I used magnetic snaps? Between magnetic snaps and hammered on snaps, the latter are easier to install. Magnetic snaps require layers of stabalizer but I like the look. However, they are rather expensive as I could only buy them by the piece at the craft shops.


I received more presents over the weekend. My sister, Elaine gave me a few craft books. They are in Chinese and Japanese. I don't read Japanese but I enjoy looking at the pictures. The bags in these books are too fussy for me to make. My style is simpler. But I love to see what other crafters make.

I'm making Elaine a bag. Her brief is simple. Something not too colourful and big enough to contain a handphone, wallet and a small umbrella. It's going to take a lot of will power for me to make something plain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
ouch, I get toothache just by reading this. I hope you'll be better soon!

Lily Pang said...

Very beautiful bag! But where do you sell it? I cannot find any information on price and way to buy it.

jane p said...

Hi Creative Dilettante, thanks. I'll live. :D

jane p said...

Hi Lily, I'll be selling this bag among other designs at the Red Dot Design Museum on 5th and 6th September 2009. (11am to 7pm) Do drop by and check out my bags.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2