Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Life This Week

This week nothing much happened. I moved some furniture around, did some cleaning and of course hurt my back. I am officially too old to do furniture moving. No, I wasn't doing spring-cleaning for Chinese New Year. I did it because 2 men in purple came to my home to install (for free) optical fibre broadband connections to my home. In a month's time, my home will be able to surf internet at super-sonic speed. Except I have no idea how to go about getting it!

Preparations for Chinese New Year in my home has begun!
Me hubs braved the queue at the bank and "bought" this Fortune package. It consists of crispy $10 and $2 notes plus 3 packs of red packets. Married folks have to give red packets containing money to children or single folks during Chinese New Year. I dislike this custom the most. There I said it. Yes, I dislike giving money away.

We usually don't buy any Chinese New Year food. We just depend on me hubs to "rescue" food from his office. Here are some "rescued" goodies.
Nothing special about this butter cookie other than it's shaped like a rabbit on account of it being The Year of the Rabbit next.
These are hazelnut cookies. It crumbles easily in your mouth and it really feels like you're eating a big tablespoonful of chunky peanut butter. Does hazelnut tastes like peanut? If I can't fit into my new Denizen jeans, it'll be due to these hazelnut cookies.
These are prawn rolls. I believe dried prawns are the fillings because they "smell". Me hubs actually paid money for these because my girl loves them.

Hmmmm, what else did I do this week? Oh, I tried to do a giveaway of my fab Lucky Red Rabbit Zip Pouch. Yes, tried to.
You see, I have a facebook page Projects By Jane. It's hard to get fans on my page, I'll be honest. Anyhoo, the number of fans finally crawled to 192 and I thought Woohoo just 8 more and I get 200. 200 is such a nice round number. So I said I would do a giveaway of my fab Lucky Red Rabbit Zip Pouch if I hit 200 fans on my facebook page Projects By Jane. I expected by some miracle the number would just shoot up. I mean 8 fans isn't that many, right? Wrong. The last I checked, I have 193 fans. That's still 7 short of my goal. Does it matter if I hit 200? Not really but I have nothing much else to do. Hahaha. No, it's a challenge. So I just need 7 or more folks to LIKE Projects By Jane. Then I'll do my giveaway. How long will it take to reach 200? Only time will tell.

Lastly, I have made a new bag - a messenger style crossbody bag. And it's sold already.
Remember my Houses ricco-ricco fabric by Kiyohara? I had a few enquiries for bags made in this fabric and to be fair, I sold this bag to the FIRST person who enquired.

I usually buy fabric in just 1 yard or at most 2 yards. When a particular fabric is popular it's usually sold out when I go back for more. I was lucky to be able to get more of this Houses fabric.

And that's all I did this week. See you soon.

5 comments:

Is it just me or....? said...

Hi Jane, 194 now!

Bethany said...

I just upped your fan count by 1 --I didn't know you had a page or I'd have done it sooner :)

jane p said...

Thanks to @you & @Bethany.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, just made the 200 mark for ya. :) Love your stuff.

tamdoll said...

I hope your back is ok!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2