Friday, August 14, 2009

Once There Was A Small Piece of Leftover Fabric

This bag started when I had some leftover fabric from making a bag for viv. I did not want to do another crazy quilted bag but I liked the idea of using the black gingham with the black and white print. I hand quilted little running stitches all over the black and white print. That was good. Then it went out of control. I added and added different fabric and in the end, I used 4 different kinds of fabric on this one little bag which grew into a giant. I had to buy more black gingham too as I had run out to make a decent length strap. You can't see the back but it's black and I hand quilted little running stitches like rain.

Now I have leftover black gingham and the lining which is a very nice grey which I specifically bought for this leech of a bag. What do other people do with their leftover fabric?

This bag's going to my September MAAD at the Red Dot Design Museum on 5th and 6th Sept.


Sandra :) said...

What a fantastic bag - I love gingham - that black with the black print is a gorgeous combination!

You could make a couple of little bags to go with the "leech" (lol) - a zipper bag for make-up, and maybe a fabric wallet ... or lipstick cozy ... a yoyo for embellishing ... notebook cover ... key chain ... all kinds of little goodies that could go inside the tote!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

My Applique Patterns