Wednesday, August 19, 2009
This is a bag that I made backwards. First of all, I had an odd amount of fabric left which didn't qualify for scraps yet after making the recessed zipper shoulder bag. Most of the fabric was cross wise so I had to make a broad bag. So I thought a pleated bag would do the trick. It was! I even had enough for a nice bottom gusset. It was a little tough working backwards and I needed to work out the sums before I started cutting. Usually I just wing it. Certainly this experience has taught me that doing your sums before you start has its payoff. For one thing, with all that planning, there are no surprises. It's also more productive. And you can keep the measurements to make another bag.
I think pleats are so sexy.