Thursday, November 8, 2012

Starry starry bag


Starry, starry bag
Why did I pick this scary green?
Yes I remember now
There was a 50% discount


This is a great size for a shopping bag. Not my best effort honestly. Many things wrong with the colour, IMO. I think the green is too green. It needs a bit of yellow in it. Both my kids like it. My girl says it's cute! I would wave the cutest pouch in front of her and she'll go, um...it's okay. But this one she yelled out: it's cute!

I ran out of green polka dots. I think I've used up 10 yards worth since June which is not too bad really. So I had to use my "save-for-a-rainy-day" stripes. I swear these stripes aren't pajamas stripes.

I have only a little of the green stars fabric left. It's cotton drill by the way. I think I bought only 3/4 yards as that was all that's left and the shopkeeper said she'll give me 50% off if I buy it and you know me. I'm willing to buy scraps.

I shall devote the rest of today to making something out of the scraps. Hope I don't take a nap. Been sleeping too much lately. Dem thunderstorms make it so cosy to sleep during the day. Yawn....

only 38 out of 74 projects completed. %$%%$#@?+#!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're half way there! Well done...achieved much more than I have this week! I love the green bag - very cute. Probably a little too bright for me but really nice for someone a little younger and/or rocks bright colours a lot!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Well I love it - that green is a happy green and one of my favourites! Super looking bag :)

punkychewster said...

err, i bag to disagree *chuckles*

i love the green!! and to pair it off with the stripes on the inside, that's totally something i would rock out.

By Night said...

How can you not like that fabric! I am madly in love with it and suddenly whish I was the one that found it ;-)

Linda said...

I've been making little coin purses. You might want to try that to go along with your purses. They're so easy and take only small scraps to make.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2