Sunday, November 18, 2012

I have drawstring pouches coming out of my eyeballs

I had a dream the other night. I dreamt that I had made 1,000 drawstring pouches. When I woke up and realised it was only a dream, I was soooo relieved. I mean, 1,000 drawstring pouches is a bit too much right?

The reason I dreamt about drawstring pouches is I had been making them, one after another. I had checked my stock and I counted there were 8. So I thought I would like to have a total of 20. It's not a superstitious thing, just that, 20 is a nice round number. So, 20 minus 8 is only 12. And 12 drawstring pouches should be easy peasy, right? Right?


I wanted to make these pouches, mass production style. First I cut up a whole bunch of fabric. Some of the fabric was fabric remnants I wanted to get rid of. (hee hee) Some of the fabric came from my new stock.

Work in progress - (keeping it real - see the mess behind?)

I don't want to make you guys crazy with envy by telling you the exact number of hours it took me to make 12 drawstring pouches. So I'm just going to be coy and say it took 2 days.




After 2 whole days of sewing and sewing and sewing the same thing over and over and over, 12 times, Yay! Finally I have 20 drawstring pouches.

And now I never ever want to:
- look at a drawstring pouch again
- make a drawstring pouch again
- think about a drawstring pouch again
- dream about a drawstring pouch again


Here are the glorious 20. Drool. Oh, if you want a closer look, you have to go to my Christmas catalog at www.projectsbyjane.com

And if you want to make your own and you seriously don't know how to make one, I have a pattern here at Etsy or Craftsy.

p.s. my home looks like crap now with fabric and sewing supplies everywhere. tonite i'm going to dream an elf came and clean it.

59 out of 74 projects completed (it's almost over)

Attending this partay: Sew many ways

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done - I really love that blue triangle fabric!!

Bethany said...

My first thought upon reading your title was "You really should see a doctor about that" :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams about the things I've done over and over. I've solved knitting problems in my dreams and even completed a few crossword puzzles :) I guess it's a side effect of temporary obsessions.

Suzee said...

I bow to you.. lol wow that is a lot of bags you have finished! but what is next? lunch bags out your ears?? hehe outstanding =)

Chris H said...

I love them! And I still LOVE the one you so kindly sent me... Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2